Thursday, November 18, 2010

Taking a Break

I promise I feel like I've been running around non-stop.  In reality, it probably is just a case of poor time management.  Whatever the case may be, I've done nothing in my craft room today.  No cleaning, no crafting.  I know...I know....  I hang my head down in shame. 

I do have to say that it hasn't been a completely non-productive day.  I sent out invites to friends in my area to see if there were any other Thanksgiving Orphans. 

I got my first "Yes" today and am so excited that the Lyndee and Christopher Henrichsen family won't be alone that day.  Wahoo!  Here's my question to you, how many of you will be spending Thanksgiving with your own little families?  Do you still go all out with turkey and stuffing and salad and jello, pies, yams? 

What kind of menu do you plan when it's a smaller group?
  I need all the help I can get and don't want to go overboard. 

 On the otherhand, I don't want to forget a key Thanksgiving dish and be in the middle of our dinner before I realize it...and break down because I TOTALLY ruined Thanksgiving by forgetting to make jello.  Okay, that only happened once, but it was traumatic for me.


4 comments:

Together We Save said...

Good luck getting everything done!! Thanksgiving is so busy!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Thanks! I'm actually starting to get excited. Crazy.

Chastina said...

For us the basics are the turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, dressing, rolls, and pies. Good luck!

Rob and Marseille said...

we are having 13 people for dinner & 14 for pie.
dinner: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole, a jelloy thing (but mostly because one of our guests wants to bring it (she's brought it a couple times & every one likes it too)), rolls. We are having 7 pies (by request of those bringing them- I make every adult bring something) pumpkin, berry, chocolate, pecan, cherry, key lime, turtle.
mmm- so what if we don't have enough chairs...