Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Make Your Own Paper Badges

I'm so excited at how much paper I'm finally using it.  I also want to add that I haven't bought any new paper in over a year and a half.  I really am trying to get my hoarding under control.

I've seen badges all over the place recently so though...."hmmmmm....I can make that myself.  Doesn't look too hard."  And it wasn't. 

First off, pick out some paper.  I used cardstock pieces, but any would work. 
Photobucket


The trick is getting your paper thin enough to be able to fan into the badge.  I used a 12x3 piece of paper but found that it was too thick to cut it in half to 12x1.5 inches.  Much better.
Photobucket
Photobucket


I accordian folded it into about 1/2 inch folds. 
Photobucket


The next part was tricky for me.  I pulled the ends together and stapled to hold in place. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
I then arranged it so it scrunched more in the center and turned it into a circle.  I held it in place with foam tape and added paper on top of that.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then I decorated away.  I added my centers and some ribbon and love the finished project.  I'm just not sure where I'll put them or use them for.  Any ideas?
Photobucket
Photobucket





One Month To Win It

21 comments:

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

Oh, I love them! You could use them for an Etsy Shop for bridal showers, gift tags, baby showers, birthday cupcake picks, or any other celebration!
Also, you could take part in this Challenge for Operation Write Home... I've posted about it here with links.
http://mommydoes.blogspot.com/2011/02/operation-write-home-take-challenge.html

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

How cute!!! I would put magnets on the back and decorate my refrigerator.

Chris H said...

My favorite part of stopping by your blog is seeing the end result of the projects I see you working on at home. Love ya.

Britt said...

way cute!!!

{northern cottage} said...

very very cute with supplies on hand even - well done!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Julia said...

I love badges and have been wanting to learn how to make some, so this is perfect! You should submit this to www.oneprettything.com!

Everyday Art said...

Love them! They turned out so cute. :) Thanks for the great tutorial. I'd just dangle them from the ceiling. :) Of course, if you saw how many snowflakes I still have dangling from my ceiling, you'd know just how much I like to do that.
-Jaime

Wendy said...

These are lovely. I also am a paper hoarder. I have 2 big bins full of 12" x 12" paper, a drawer full of 8"x8" and 6"x6" paper pads, another drawer full of randowm sheets, 6 boxes of coloured scraps and 12 in-trays of coloured card and paper!!

Designer @ Heart said...

Wow, these are so cute! And I really like your tutorial to see each step of the creation. Thanks SOO much for sharing this. It triggers some great ideas for all of us too!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Cute and easy and fun! Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

Annie Dee said...

found you on sassy sites ~ great blog. love the design :)

Jeanne said...

A cool idea indeed.

http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2010/10/furniture-treasure-2010.html

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Lyndee, I featured these on my blog today.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are so pretty!! I know just what you mean about craft/paper hoarding. My scrapbooking stuff was out of control, and I haven't even touched my scrapbooks in a year or two. :s I stopped buying new stuff, and I feel much better now. ;)

Thanks for linking this to my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

Screaming Sardine said...

Those are really cute! Would make great embellishments on various scrapbooking projects.

Thanks for sharing,
Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

Stephani said...

Those turned out really cute! Fabulous!

chris said...

Thesre are lovely, Lyndee. Such a great use of cardstock.

Lilybean said...

I am using something similar to this to decorate a couple of parties. I made them much bigger, and they stand in for balloons. I'm making smaller ones, too, which I will glue to old 7" records and hang from the ceiling at the party.

I love to decorate a party.

I'm wicked stoked to see others' suggestions here. These are so fun/simple/pretty and I could stand more ideas on how to use them myself!

Lilybean said...

Oh, PS - forgot to mention - I'm making small ones like this next Christmas as presents. Ornaments! I plan to use wallets or minis of my kids' Christmas portrait as the center. Grandparents will go bonkers, I'm sure.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I love the idea of backing them to a record! What's great is that it's cheap to make and you can make tons in a short amount of time. Perfect for adding pizazz to a party.

Angie Holden said...

Those are adorable!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI! Be sure to put the button in your post or sidebar so that you are eligible!