Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Washer bracelet

You have probably already seen this out in blogland.  The washer necklace.  It's one of those projects I had saved in my files.  I don't know why I kept putting it off.  I have so much ribbon that needs to get used, so after reading at http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lacy-washer-necklace.html, I decided that now was the time.  Please understand, I'm not a terribly patient person when it comes to my projects.  I like immediate gratification.  It's something I'm working on.  But, since I've started this Challenge, I knew the time was now.  SO, up to my crap, I mean craft, room, pulled out my ribbon box and went through my tool/hardware stash.  You would not believe how much hardware I have that I have no idea where or how I would use it, or even how I accumliated it all.  Here's what I came up with:

It took me a while to figure it out, but once I got it, I was on a roll.  I didn't have enough washer to go bigger, but I think it would look AWESOME!  Bigger washer with bigger ribbon....oh!  the possibilities are endless.  BUT, I cannot purchase anything, so that project will have to wait for another time.  I'd love to see what you come up with.  Good luck!

11 comments:

Misti said...

That is adorable. When you are ready to purchase a letter punch you could make this necklace. http://www.theidearoom.net/2009/07/washer-necklaces.html

Or drill holes in them, modge podge scrapbook paper on them and turn them into a charm.

Thanks for the inspiration.
misti

Jennifer Bundy said...

I am loving your new blog Lyndee! Thanks for the inspiration. I am thinking once our flooring is done,I might have to start on the same thing as you! How fun!

I have always wanted to do the washer necklaces using the diamond glaze, but don't have any. I think adhesive is one thing that I don't have enough of and might end up having to purchase though!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Misti--I think that would be so fun to try. I'm thinking of all the things I could say. I love the charm idea even more. I've got to find a neighbor/friend who has a drill that would work.

Jennifer--I'm excited that you're excited. I have all these ideas floating around in my head. I'm just so glad that I'm finally getting around to doing these projects that are long overdue.

Chastina said...

Have you ever seen the washers with nail polish on them? (Use a clear nail polish as a "seal") Cute!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I haven't. Seriously, you guys--I'm out of washers. Well, maybe if I look hard enough I can find some more cause I AM LOVING THE IDEAS!!!

Chavah said...

Hey, our wedding sets are almost identical!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

That's funny, Chavah. I so wanted something simple and that wouldn't annoy my fingers. I'm not great at wearing jewelry. It's nice, cause even to this day, I love it.

Elizabeth said...

This bracelet is so great! Would love for you to link up to Made with Love Monday at Sew Chatty! http://bit.ly/bSsG5b

Anonymous said...

Love that necklace!

thefab4m's said...

really cute, will have to see about making one this weekend perhaps....

visiting from show and tell at blue cricket design

heather

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Thanks, everybody! I'm thinking I will have to go through my garage one day to find the bigger washes. I'll save that for the next big step. I need to finish one project before I move on to the next.