Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Found Some Little Treasures

I found some wall sconces in one of the totes.  These are good quality so I knew I had to hang them.  I just didn't know where I could put them without it just looking cluttered. 
Take a look and let me know what you think.


This is what you see when you walk up our stairs.  Yes, I can tell it's not centered, but it goes with my impatience.  I just don't usually look close enough.  Then the stairs spilt (you can either go left or right up another set up steps).  I'm just not sure what to put on the sconces...something I already have or can make with supplies I have. 

K- I can't help it; I've gotta tell you about the pictures.  On the left is my daughter.  The picture was taken on a field trip.  I didn't like the school picture, so I blew this one to 8.5 x 11.  Much better.  The middle is of my son wearing my grandfathers WWII uniform, standing behind my grandmother.  My grandma is not an emotional lady, but even I could see tears when she saw my son wearing her eternal companions uniform.  I love how he's posing for this picture.  And then there's my other son, with last year's school picture.  Yes, this is a constant reminder that I need to update this wall.  Poor kid.  And the big picture underneath?  That's my brother's creation.  Every-other-year he makes a family drawing.  I have some cool ones that I still need to hang up.  This one is our family pedigree chart.  SO super cool!

Alright, so I need your ideas.  What in the world can I put on those sconces?!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm thinkg maybe a set of cream pillar candles would look nice there, but then again I'm not very creative when it comes to home decor...

Chastina said...

I agree. See if you have a couple candles.