Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
for us to be happy with what we have now and not to be looking to the future for the happiness
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition?
up bright and early
I used to be the one who would have to wake up my children, but now my 10-yr-old is helping. Yea!
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
Oooh! A million things are on that list. Can I ask for a coupon book--you know, one coupon good for a European road trip, another coupon for a spa week, maybe a coupon for a year's worth of groceries. I'm not asking for too much, am I?
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
Just spending time together is wonderful. Sitting in front of the Christmas tree with the lights on (but off everywhere else in the house).
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
Hmmmm....turture the little sister (which would have been me). We did a lot of mind type games: Sniff the broom, Black Magic, Chinese Writing, that sort of thing. You can only do it when you've got new people around who haven't played these games.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
Our Christmas Eve. I now call it our Day of Surprises. But we usually do a service project, eat at an international restaurant, movie, jammies, new book, international gifts from Grandpa. It really is an awesome day!
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip?
This year (shhhh....don't tell), we're taking a Western Carribbean Cruise. We've been scrimping and saving for months and been on a spending freeze. I'm imaging it will all be worth it. Keeping the secret from my kids is almost the funnest part.
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
My son wants an XBox 360
He also wants a PS 3
A Star Wars game to go with any of the above