Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Look What The Son Dragged In...

I love the school my kids go to.  They do a lot of amazing things (my son's 5th grade class took a field trip to Yellowstone...Friday-Monday).  The library had a box of "discard" books (of which I'm checking out in the morning to see what's left) and my son brought this home:



I love all the art being made from books.  AWESOME!  He was smart enough to pick out a couple books he'd rather read than create alternative art from (i.e. Harry Potter's The Deathly Hallows).  Now I'm trying to decide if summer is a good thing or not.  Anyone there with me?  Excited for all the plans I have carefully orchestrated in my mind.  Hoping the kids don't go wild with "boredom."  We'll see what comes to fruition.

2 comments:

Chris Henrichsen said...

There will be some "boredom" moments, but I think it will be a great summer.

Melissa Atkinson said...

I am scared of the boredom moments too!! I just decided the other day though that being bored is just a right of passage :) I had a few bored days and look how I turned out......well maybe I am not such a great example.....but really good games and great imaginations come from boredom. (at least thats what I am trying to talk myself into believing. :) )