Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Fabulous Party Idea

I can't always say this about my ideas, but I will about this one.  My daughter was turning 6 and she wanted a party.  Because of our flooding house situation, funds were extremely tight, but I wanted to have a fun take-home treat/gift for the kids.  PLUS, we were doing a fall theme (seemed the easiest thing to do and not have to buy silly accessories to go along with it).  Ready for it?

Caramel Apples.  But not just caramel apples.  A caramel apple bar.  Totally serious here.  You think, you did this with a bunch of 5-year-olds?!!  You bet I did, and they LOVED it!

We stuck some craft sticks into the apples and dipped the apples into the caramel.  We had the kids line up and tell us what they wanted on their apples.  We ran the apple over to the topping and added heaven's nectar to the already scrumptious fruit.

My bar consisted of:


Marshmellows,



Butterfingers,



Oreos,



and chocolate chips.

A couple of the kids mixed and matched their toppings.  I went straight for the butterfinger.



(It's not easy trying to eat a caramel apple and take a picture at the same time, believe me!)







Is there a worse crime than a half eaten apple?  No worries, they didn't remain half eaten for long (no, I did not finish them off).



1 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

what a good idea!!