Monday, January 9, 2012

Displaying my 35 list and a WINNER!

I printed out my list of 35 things I needed to do....but that didn't seem like enough.  I went to my wood stash,


and picked out a piece that I could use as a display board.  this one even had pre-drilled holes in it.


I used my walnut ink to add a darker tint.



I sprayed it with both colors,


and used my foam brush to smooth in the color.



I let it dry as much at it could and used a napkin to run in the stain.

Like with many of my projects, I start and let the creative process take over.  With this particular project, I could have skipped the staining.  But it was fun to do and I'll probably try it on others projects in the future.

Back to my project.  I Mod Podged my goals into the center of the board.


I ripped some scrapbook papers into strips and glued those onto the board.


But I wasn't done yet.  I pulled my paint out and deluded it with water.


I used another foam brush and went over the entire surface, wiping off the excess.


I added mod podge to the entire surface.

Now I've just got to hang it.



And the winner of the My Memories giveaway....

Comment #3....Tanya said...Fave recipe? Cheeseburger Soup!

Congratulations, Tanya!

Pin It

3 comments:

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This is great. What a beautiful reminder board! A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea yesterday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a great way to display this! I love the touch of using the walnut ink! Thanks for sharing at Oopsey Daisy!

The Southern Product Queen said...

Such a cute idea!!! I'm having a linky party, and would love it if you joined! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!